Skip to main content

Listed below are agencies and organizations that may be able to assist with housing, environmental hazards and other needs.

Addressing Home Hazards

Pest Management
NC Cooperative Extension: 704-482-4365

Smoking Prevention
Carleen Crawford at the Tobacco Prevention and Control Branch: 980-314-9142

Housing Assistance

Isothermal Planning and Development Commission: 828-287-2281
Kings Mountain Housing: 704-739-2816
Shelby Housing Authority: 704-636-1410
Catholic Charities: 800-227-7261

Maternal, Infant, and Child Health

Care Coordination for Children (CC4C): 980-484-5279
Pregnancy Care Management: 980-484-5279
WIC Clinic: 980-484-5170

Developmental Screenings/ Early Intervention Services
Children’s Developmental Services: 704-480-544

Public Health and Environmental Health

Public Health Center: 980-484-5100
Environmental Health Department: 980-484-5130
Emergency Management/Fire Marshal: 704-484-4841
Asthma Coalition: 704-484-5112

Social Services/Legal Assistance

Department of Social Services: 704-487-0661
Legal Aid of North Carolina: 704-865-2357