Last Updated: February 27, 2019
Home Maintenance: Tenant and Landlord
Big idea: It is helpful to understand tenant and landlord responsibilities when working with patients and clients who rent.
- Comply with building and housing codes
- Keep premises in fit and habitable condition
- Keep common areas in safe condition
- Maintain in good and safe working order all electrical, plumbing, sanitary, heating, ventilating, air conditioning, etc.
- Provide operable smoke detectors
- Provide notice if water supply exceeds maximum contaminant level
- Provide operable CO detector
- Keep premises and common areas safe and clean.
- Dispose of waste properly.
- Keep plumbing fixtures clean.
- Not damage/destroy any part of premises or make smoke/CO detector inoperable