Last Updated: February 27, 2019
Pests: IPM Clean
Image: Property of UNC CEHS COEC
Big Idea: Clean!
Clean – What do you think are elements of clean?
- closed lid trash can; Take out trash and recycling daily when dealing with an infestation.
- Store dry food, pet food, bird seed in tightly covered containers
- clean counters (daily) and floors (weekly)
- food storage
- Store trash can away from house
- Do not leave dirty dishes out overnight.
- Store food in tightly sealed containers or bags.
- Do not store cardboard inside.
- Keep cupboards organized to reduce shelter.
- If you are cleaning up pest droppings, use vinegar of 1 part bleach to 10 parts water solution, gloves, paper towels
CDC: Cleaning Up After Rodents;
IPM For Homes