Last Updated: February 20, 2019
Images: from EPA
Big idea: Any contractor who works on a pre-1978 home or child-occupied facility must be trained in lead safety.
- Workers must be certified to do this work in pre-1978 homes and child-occupied facilities.
- Use lead safe work practices, including:
- methods for clean up
- waste disposal
- protecting residents and occupants
- Warn residents/occupants
- There are 15 RRP training providers in NC
- To find a list of certified professionals in NC go to http://www.schs.state.nc.us/lead/accredited.cfm