Last Updated: February 27, 2019
Pests: IPM Exclude
Image: Property of UNC CEHS COEC
Big Idea: Exclude!
Exclude – What do you think are elements of exclude?
- Seal cracks and holes
- Block any entry points to your home using caulk; copper mesh; steel wool
- Install door sweeps
- Use safe trapping methods
- Use pesticide bait stations or traps instead of sprays or bombs
- Keep traps out of reach of pets and children
- Continue trapping rodents for a week – if a week passes, the active infestation has been eliminated
Why do baits work? They target all life stages because cockroaches eat the same thing at all stages. (Coby Schal, NCSU, Pest Expert)
Source: CDC: Cleaning Up After Rodents